Foley is home to multiple large scale employers, including some of Baldwin County's largest. Companies like UTC Aerospace, Vulcan Inc., South Baldwin Regional Medical Center and Ascend Performance Materials have helped to put the city of Foley on the map. Growth of industrial and retail business is expected to increase sharply over the next few years. Prime commercial real estate options and plans for a new conveniently located business park will soon usher in new business, breathing even more life into Foley's already-flourishing economy.
Below are Foley, Alabama's top seven industrial manufacturing employers in order.
UTC Aerospace Systems
111 Airport Drive
Foley, AL 36535
We’re a company driven by ideas, innovation and excellence, because at UTC we are inventing a better, faster, more efficient tomorrow. As a worldwide leader in the building and aerospace industries, we constantly seek talented individuals to create innovative products and solutions for our customers. Across UTC, you will find careers that power the future.
• Explore new product materials, processes and designs
• Create strategic solutions for faster and more efficient processes and systems
• Work on sustainability efforts that have global appeal
• Make a difference throughout your career
UTC is able to offer unparalleled opportunities for the brightest minds in engineering and business, from interns to undergrads to MBAs. Job opportunities are available throughout our many business units, along with various formal two-year Leadership Programs in finance, engineering, information technology and other business disciplines.
410 East Berry Avenue
Foley, AL 36535
Vulcan began as a small sign manufacturer in Birmingham, Alabama, in 1935 and continued growing for 75 years. The first production facility was established in Foley, Alabama in 1968.
Through the years many loyal customers, served by our dedicated employees (who own our company), have enabled us to accomplish the following:
• 1975 – Moved our metal stamping plant from Birmingham to a new plant in Foley.
• 1975 – Became the first Alabama Corporation to implement an Employee Stock
Ownership Plan (ESOP) giving ownership of our company to our employees.
• 1977 – Built our highway sign manufacturing plant to guarantee our customers the best quality screen-printing of durable signs, sign faces and decals.
• 1986 – Constructed a state-of-the-art, aluminum rolling mill, enabling us to produce aluminum coil and sheet for the signing industry as well as many other markets.
• 1996 & 1997 – Completed four exciting construction projects:
1. Doubled the size of the sign manufacturing plant built in 1977.
2. Constructed a new Technology Center to house Vulcan Traffic Management Services, our software development team and training facilities for our employees.
3. Constructed a new plant dedicated to producing signs and related products for the utility industry.
4. Expanded the aluminum rolling mill to add slitting, annealing and processing capabilities.
• 2006 & 2007 – Completed a multi-million dollar upgrade and modernization of the aluminum rolling mill including new technology for the electromagnetic pumping of molten aluminum.
• 2012 - 2016 – Multi-million dollar expansion to install two new melting furnaces and related equipment upgrades, doubling the capacity of our aluminum mill.
All of this is to ensure our customers the highest quality products available today. Vulcan is dedicated to the many markets we serve, and we aim to become your supplier of choice.
Ascend Performance Materials
518 S. Bay Street
Foley, AL 36535
Ascend Performance Materials is a global leader in the production of Nylon 6, 6. We have a long history in the manufacture of Nylon 6,6. In the 1950’s, Monsanto formed its Chemicals Division, which included the production of Nylon 6,6. In 1997, Monsanto spun off its Chemicals Division to form Solutia Inc. On June 1, 2009, SK Capital Partners, a private investment firm, purchased Solutia’s Integrated Nylon business and established Ascend Performance Materials Operations LLC. SK Capital Partners has assembled a strong executive team with deep industry roots, and a commitment to the Nylon 6,6 market.
Our world scale manufacturing facilities are fully integrated, meaning we have complete ownership of the technology used to make Nylon 6,6. This gives us the flexibility to respond to the expanding needs of our customers. We are more focused than ever before on our customers – to understanding their unique challenges in the market, to developing product solutions that address their market needs, and to providing excellent customer and technical service. We are committed to the Nylon 6,6 market, our valued customers, and to our position as a reliable supplier of high quality Nylon 6,6 products.
Starr Textile Services
940 N. Poplar Street
Foley, AL 36535
Starr Textile Services is your solution for commercial laundry services, dry cleaning, garment processing and textile rental services. Covering the coast from our current Louisiana facility to the west (our new 70,000 square-foot facility is under construction in the New Orleans Area) and our first 30,000 square-foot Alabama plant to the east, we serve clients large and small along the Gulf Coast in Louisiana, Mississippi, Alabama and Florida.
We guarantee stellar service when you put our highly efficient, innovative, environmentally friendly operations to work for you. And we deliver quality in a timely manner with exceptional customer service.
Our highly rated laundry services and garment processes are designed to fit the needs of your individual operations from a small boutique hotel or a few condominiums to larger vacation rental companies and 4-5 star hotels.
We are moving forward and driving innovation with our modern, technologically-advanced facilities and well-trained teams - we are prepared to serve your needs with the customer service level you deserve.
South Baldwin Regional Medical Center
1613 N McKenzie Street
Foley, Alabama 36535
South Baldwin Regional Medical Center is a 112 bed, acute care hospital with 650 employees and a network of medical clinics serving Baldwin County. A dedicated and experienced medical staff offers more than 32 medical specialties and a full range of health services, including inpatient and outpatient, emergency, diagnostic, and medical and surgical care. The hospital has received numerous awards including the Press Ganey Summit Award, The Joint Commission’s Top Performer in Key Quality Measures and Modern Healthcare Best Places to Work 2012. The physicians, clinical staff, and all employees at South Baldwin strive to exceed patient expectations, while delivering compassionate, quality care.